How To Love - Katie Cotugno || Book Review ||

by - August 01, 2014

Title: How To Love
Author: Katie Cotugno
Genre: Young Adult(ish)
Rating: 4.5 | 5

Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review: 

This book is VERY different from a lot of book I've read. I love it, I was captivated and in tears by the end of the first chapter. And from there, I knew I was done for.

The pace of the book is different, in a oddly good way. It wasn't slow, or fast but just right. I didn't feel like the book was leading up to anything the
whole time. There wasn't a climax the book was trying to build for. There was just a lot of pain, so many heart breaking parts in this book. Chapter by chapter, I felt like pieces of me were being taken. And later, I wasn't going to be left with much. The Author has this profound way of writing where she makes you feel everything. Every emotion that flowed through the pages, will flow through you. The writing is beautiful, so very good from description to the dialogue. I love it all.

Reena, is such a strong protagonist. But I guess that's what mother hood does right? It makes you stronger, not just for yourself but for the child mostly.This book hit closer to home than anything. I was on the edge of tears as I read this book, every so pages making me break down. The main guy, in the book won't make you swoon.. At least not in the "before" chapters.. But sooner or later, you'll understand his decisions and choice. He did it so he could be better, for them.

Over all, I'm so happy with this read. And I'm sorry if the review wasn't that great. This is one of  the hardest reviews I've ever done. Hopefully you will all check out the book! It really is such a beautiful love story. I recommend this for anyone who is okay with a book not having a climax, or a build up to anything where you're just reading and relaxing.. It's an easy read, you don't have to constantly worry about the protagonist dying because she's rebelling against the government. Just be careful of all the emotions!

Happy Reading! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments