Sweet Filthy Boy - Christina Lauren || Book Review ||

by - August 24, 2014

Title: Sweet Filthy Boy
Author: Christina Lauren
Genre: Adult, Romance
Rating: 3.5 - 4 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 

I’ve been eyeing this book for the longest at Target, picking it up and then putting it back down repeating that process for months. Then finally one night, I just decided to buy it on my Nook on impulse. I’ve never read anything by Christina Lauren until this, and I can genuinely say I enjoy her writing and this book to know I’ll definitely be reading more of her work, and am counting down the days until the companion novel to this series Dirty Rowdy Thing is released.  
The story started off really strong, I loved it. I really enjoyed the dialogue of this book, mostly in the beginning. I found myself blushing and squirming at how cute and flirty they both were! Their chemistry was just unbelievable. They got along so well, and he just shocked me at every turn. I enjoyed the whole book, was captivated from the start. Loving Mia’s (the main character) and her two best friend which remind me so much of my two best friends. One completely wild and irrational. The other a lot more rational, and mommy like. Keeping both me and my “whorelow” in check! I loved the lover in this book, Ansel’s one of the best book boyfriends I’ve ever read about. The title is complete fitting for him, because you can really only describe him as sweet and filthy.. ;) This guy is a complete package, handsome beyond belief, french, is an attorney and has the most charismatic personality. 

Even though, I enjoyed the whole book, doesn’t mean there are parts I didn’t enjoy. I can seem to choose what I want to rate this 3.5 or 4. It seems a bit unfair to the books I’ve rated 4, and a bit offensive to this book if I rate it 3.5.. Like I said early, the book is great, started off strong, cute, funny, but the last twenty five percent of it is very disappointing.. Like always there’s a falling out, and I felt like there wasn’t even a moment where they talked about it, tried to fix it WITHOUT SEX. Like talking doesn’t work for these two.. It’s a bit shallow.. She just took him back with out even talking anything out, after making a huge debacle in both their lives. Don’t feel discouraged not to read this! I enjoyed the book a lot, and really liked it. I just wish the way things were handled could be different. I definitely think it’s a good read, and I can’t wait for the companion novel! 

You May Also Like

0 comments