Beautiful Oblivion - Jamie McGuire || Book Review ||

by - August 16, 2014

Title: Beautiful Oblivion
Author: Jamie McGuire
Genre: New Adult
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BEAUTIFUL SERIES.. YOU SHOULD.

Jamie McGuire is a writing queen, one of my biggest inspirations along with so many other Authors. Not only does she create such a captivating story, she paints it for you. I’ve read a good amount of her books to say they never disappoint. I’ve never given any of her books less than five stars because they’re all phenomenal. And I know in the future for her future books, I’ll just continue to rave about them, because they too will be five star books! 
I’ve read all the previous books in the ‘Beautiful Series’ and I completely loved them all. I fell in love with Travis, his family, and just loved the crazy chaotic love between he and Abby! But… I think I loved Trent and Cami’s story just the same.. (Who am I kidding, I love it so much more!) It has a completely different vibe from the previous book in the Beautiful series. Those books took place in college, and the characters were both nine-teen year old kids. Cami and Trenton are bout twenty something, she’s in college, but they’re Adults. They both have experience and he knowledge to handle things a bit more maturely. I loved the chase in this book, how it started off as a friendship and just slowly progressed. It was so wonderful! 

  • Not only has Trent stole the title of ‘Favorite Maddox’ from Travis but he stole my heart! (Maybe it's a tie.. -__- ) He’s so different, he’s caring, sensitive and very understanding. Definitely not as reckless as Travis, and has control over his emotions, sometimes.. He may not be the most successful and is struggling a bit in some areas, but he has his heart in the right place and he works hard! 
  • Cami, is a bad bitch! (Excuse my foul language..) But she is, and there isn’t another word to describe her besides that. She’s so tough, and is tatted in all the rebellious places a girl wouldn’t normally have tattoos at. She isn’t whiny either or doesn’t know what she wants and takes years to figure it out.. She’s a go getter, works for what she wants and I love that about her. She’s independent, sarcastic, sweet and is completely loyal to everyone. 

You also get to see Travis and Abby from Cami’s point of view. And parts where Travis would disappear upset and go to Red. — I love the damn Maddox Family! They’re so entertaining, and they are all so hot (most likely..) I really hope there is a book coming up for every single brother. I can’t wait meet them all! I’m so happy with the turn out of the book, I don’t think it could have been any better. Cami’s hiding something. (Usually in all these books someone always is, right?) AND I LOVED that she didn’t make it into a huge deal — she didn’t let her secret stop her from being happy. She followed her heart and didn’t give a damn about what people thought. The plot twist, was insane!! Complete and utter find fuck. I was just staring like ‘No.. Wait What?!’ and then looking back I should have known. It was right in front of my face. McGuire basically told us like 47593029x times in the book but she hid it good and I’m just still very in awe with this. 

I HIGHLY recommend this to everyone. If you haven’t read the Beautiful Series, I suggest you do! Travis and Abby are just as amazing as Trenton, and Cami. I just happened to like Trent and Cami more because they were less drama. (Don’t get me wrong, I love my drama ;] ) Can I give this book six stars? Or no.. Because it definitely deserves more than five.. 

You May Also Like

0 comments