Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson || Book Review ||

by - August 09, 2014

Title: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review: 

I've always been a hopeless romantic. Always looking for new books where the guy automatically falls for the girl or vise versa. The cheesy, overly lovey ones. What can I say I love, love? I came into this book really expecting a love story. Two kids going on a road trip, he likes her and bam they fall in love. It isn’t that. Nope, not this book. This was a self discovery book. I don't know what it is about these books that just pulls at my heart and gets me all emotional. Maybe it’s because I know how it feels to feel lost. It's about the Amy (the main character) finding her old self after a lost she thought she could never overcome. Forgiving herself, and making herself a better person. 
Just reading this story was touching and beautiful. I finally felt like I was going somewhere and doing something great, but it wasn't me it was Amy. Everything is so well described and it just flows off the page and turns into clear images. And that’s the beauty in Morgan Matson’s writing. She gets you to feel the character and live through them. You become the protagonist. My favorite part is the road trip aspect. How nothing was permanent. Ever since I read ‘The Edge Of Never’ by J.A. Redmerski I fell in love with the idea of a road trip. With one other person, just us and the long winding enigma in the roads ahead. 
Overall, I am extremely happy how everything played out. The pictures in the book just added more to realism and gave your more of a emotional attachment to the book. It added such a great touch. — Is it just me though? That felt a little cheated in the end, I really wish there was an Epilogue. Other than that, I'm extremely happy. I couldn't find a more perfect book this month. I can't wait to dive into her book ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’ I hear we learn a little something about the characters from Amy and Roger! So at least I'll feel some closure. I highly recommend this to everyone!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments