Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson || Book Review ||

by - August 10, 2014

Title: Since You've Been Gone 
Author: Morgan Matson
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary 
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Good Reads

Review: Bookish Beauties Book Club pick for August! :)

  I don’t know how to explain the feeling this book gave me without repeating myself. While I find ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’ to be completely different (plots, characters, etc..) from ‘Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour’ I had felt the exact same way I did after finishing it. 
  The book is another Self-Discovery book, which if you read my last review I completely love. This one is different though, she isn’t trying to find her “old” self but try to be her self. Find her own happiness, and independence. Emily’s a shy girl always has been, and after being the shadow to her best friend that’s gone and left she tries to  find herself. She becomes more confident, and happier than she ever thought she could be. Making new friends in unexpected ways while creating epic memories from their adventures. 

I have fallen in love with every single character from this story. I love Sloane and how adventurous she was. Always wanting to do something new and fun, she and I shared that along with our sense of style, and unreserved/outgoing personalities. Emily is still a very relatable character and such a wonderful one too. I hated to see her so closed off and scared/nervous in the beginning. It was so sad to me, that she’s so shy and lost without Sloane.  Emily's character development was flawless, slow and easy. I loved that every time she finished a task from the list you could feel her self confidence rising and I'm so happy to have been a witness to it. Collins, was such a great character —funny, friendly, and just silly! I REALLY wish there was an epilogue to this book. I would have loved to witness her a few years from now with her friends! 
  I don’t even think I have to say it.. It’s a bit unnecessary since you should know this is a book I would recommend to everyone! It was so good, and I am just in awe with her writing. Everything is so perfectly sculpted, the characters, setting, and dialogue. You guys should definitely check out ALL of her books, they're the perfect summer reads! :)  

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your post expressed my exact feelings! I went ahead and got all her books while on the midst of reading SYBG lol.

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm so happy you've purchased them! Amy and Roger is one of my favorites and I will definitely start 'Second Chance Summer' soon!

      Thank you so much!! <33 Hope you keep reading them!

      Delete