The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken || Book Review ||

by - July 13, 2014

Title: The Darkest Minds 
Author: Alexandra Bracken 
Genre: YA, Dystopian 
Rating: 4.5 /5

Synopsis: Good reads

Review: 

Perfect, just pure love for this book. I’ll be honest, it took me a couple chapter to be completely captivated but I’m perfectly okay with that. There are some books out there that you’ll read from dedication to acknowledgement and not feel a single emotion about just.. “Oh it was alright..” No, this book wasn’t like that. Not a bit, I understood why the first couple chapters were a bit of a snore.. She was introducing the world, letting us live it, and get a feel, a sense of it even. After you pass that part though, I highly suggest you buckle up. Everything from a certain point in the book will change. EVERYTHING. 

Like I said earlier, I found the beginning to be boring, but it’s written so detailed. You didn’t have to create your own world while reading. She created it for you, every scene every sentence was drawn out as you read. Every emotion, tugged at the heart. And every heart ache felt in the core. It is beautiful. 

I love that the book didn’t didn’t really focus on the love interest. It was such a slow friendly subtle love that the characters had for one another. They were completely selfless and cared for the others besides themselves. Every character in this book has so much depth. They’re all so different and wonderful in their own way. And reading Ruby go from a scared weak girl, to a strong independent woman was so wonderful. I don’t appreciate anything more in the world than a characters growth. As for Liam, this guy was perfect from the moment we met him. He had me swooning in ever part he was in. He’s fearless, intelligent, and sexy as hell.

Overall, this was honestly such a beautiful book! The ending tore me apart, inside out and I can’t help but wish it ended differently. I completely understand the choices that were made, and I guess it’s for the best. I highly recommend this book to everyone, but before you buy it make sure you have the second one! Believe me you’re gonna wanna jump straight into it! 


You May Also Like

0 comments