Lola and the Boy Next Door (AATFK #2) - Stephanie Perkins || Book Review||

by - July 03, 2014

Do not read this if you haven't read 'Anna and The French Kiss' 

Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Ratings: ****/5

Synopsis: Good Reads 


Review: 
This book is honestly so good. I really liked it, just not how the characters acted sometimes.. I REALLY REALLY enjoyed Lola.. She may have been immature, a bit annoying, but she is different. And Cricket who is wonderful, sweet, and patient. Didn’t fight for what he wanted.. He just waited.. I guess that’s good but he should have a bit of a backbone.. This book is both similar and different to ‘Anna and the French Kiss’.. This is more about being true to your self, what you want and who you are.. ‘Anna and the French Kiss’ is about finding yourself, being content, and happy.. I also like how the story ties in with Anna and Etienne. After their France life, and show how they are. It’s just amazing to watch them to happy and their relationship is FINALLY easy. I really felt so bad when they couldn’t be happy. 
This book isn’t perfect, but it’s really good! I wasn’t completely captivated the way I was with AATFK. I love how the moon and stars tie in, that part is so beautiful. I love that Lola isn’t afraid to be different, and that she doesn’t care what others think. She makes bad choices.. But that’s part of who she is.. She is the type to learn from her OWN mistakes and not lectures. Everything about this novel is beautifully written. Everything just flows so wonderfully well that you don’t ever put the book down.. Until you realize its 5am, and you have work in two hours.. (Like me) Over all, I’m happy Lola is finally being HONEST with herself, and finds happiness in a love that never faded. 

You May Also Like

0 comments