Onyx (Lux Series #2) - Jennifer Armentrout || Book Review ||

by - July 21, 2014

Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Genre: Young Adult, Sci-Fi
Rating: *****/5


Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review: 


I'm still reeling from the after math of this book. Because man, that was seriously so intense. This book is so different from the first and I highly suggest to stop reading this now if you haven't read the first book! (No spoilers, but still) ADVICE: GO BUY THE SERIES. Don't worry about not liking it because you will. So, you're welcome! ;)

Onyx, this book isn't fluffy, but still happy sort-of.. You will tear yourself apart because of all the emotions that get slapped to your face. I really like that the book picks up right where Obsidian left off, probably two days later or so. And knowing there wasn't this huge two year gap or so and they don't have to spend half the book telling me what happened.

I love Katy, and I'm sure you're all aware of that if you've read my last blog post. But damn did I want to hurt her. So many times I wanted to just smack the back of her head and say "Shut up, get over it, and go kiss him" but I refrained and tried my hardest to see the meaning behind her stupidity. Later rather than sooner, I did. I began to understand what she did and why. And I personally applaud her for that. She's a great person for it. She means well (Just remember that while you're on the verge of insanity.) 

I didn't think this was even possible but, I think our beloved Daemon Black got hotter in this book.. Like damn, him and all his beautiful witty words. So hot, I swear I thought my ovaries exploded. 

"You bookish people love teasers, don't you?"  and "Resistence is futile, Kitten."

Over all, I am completely happy with this second book. It isn't a heart wrenching emotional roller coaster of a book. It has it's moments, but when I tell you those moments in the book hurt, it pulls at the heart. Everything in the book is still the same as the first. Jennifer's sarcastic, witty, sexy writing still remains the same. I hope you enjoy this book just as much as I did! I don't even think I have to say "I recommend this" Jennifer Armentrout wrote it, there's no need for me to say it.

You May Also Like

0 comments