Forget You - Jennifer Echols || Book Review ||

by - July 07, 2014

Title: Forget You
Author: Jennifer Echols
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Rating: ***/5

Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review:

I’ve heard a lot of people love this book which is why I decided on picking it up! I’ve have quite different feelings from those people. While I highly enjoyed the book and found it very entertaining. I didn’t love it. The beginning was great. It reeled me in easily but also turned me off fast! I have a few complaints about the writing, characters, and etc.. 

The pace of the book is completely stationary. There wasn’t a high or low of the book, yes there were bits that were more interesting than the others but that’s it. Nothing really exciting. I found myself WANTING to finish the book. 

The writing.. It’s really different from other books I’ve read. Echols doesn’t visualize it for you, she just tells you. The book isn’t as descriptive and detailed as I think it should be. And it could have been great if it was! 

Now for our main character Zoey.. She’s not that great of a character, extremely simple with bad things happening for her. I believe the whole book was a span of about two weeks? The girl has a busy life. And the way she just gave away certain things like they were candy and isn’t important really annoys me. Actions really tell you what type of person someone is and boy do I know who she is..

I enjoyed Doug's character the most out of everyone in the books. I think a lot of the characters were lacking. I found a lot of them to be annoying, rude, or just plain clueless and insensitive. The book wasn’t unbearable. It was entertaining, I liked it to a certain extent. I will definitely try more of her books. 

You May Also Like

0 comments