Breakable - Tammara Webber || Book Review||

by - July 04, 2014

Title: Breakable
Author: Tammara Webber
Genre: New Adult
Rating: ***/5

Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review: 

I'm not sure how I feel at the moment. I like it, I just feel like there are too much "flash back" parts that are unnecessary. Though, I guess in a way we know why she explains and tells us these parts. For us to be able to truly love Lucas, we must know all his deep dark secrets. Understandable. Don’t get me wrong, I love knowing what Lucas is thinking, and learning about his past. But the past bits just feel like boring fillers.. 

I really want to love this book just as much as I love 'Easy' but I can’t.. Don’t get me wrong it was a thrill to get into his head.. Feel and see everything through his eyes, but his “Landon” parts were just tolerable. Not enjoyable but tolerable. I understand it’s important to see him go from his lowest to his highest.. But it just wasn’t for me. As much as I loved the storyline when I read it for the first time, I didn’t enjoy this one as much. Breakable is a little boring and dragged on.. My love for Lucas doesn’t falter. He’s still my favorite book boyfriend. I just didn’t feel that same giddiness I did two years ago. The magic and euphoria I felt while reading 'Easy' didn't happen during 'Breakable'. The quote “Less is more” pertains to this the less I knew about his past the better it was for me.. 

I have mixed feelings. I HIGHLY enjoyed his thoughts, the way he processed and did things. Just not his past stories.. Some of them I did, but most I didn't. The over lapping parts with ‘Easy’ have to be my favorite!! I just thought the mystery of not know much about his past and just what was necessary is better. Even though I didn’t cry during ‘Easy’ I did three times during this. Other than those things, EVERYTHING else was perfect. The love between Lucas and Jacqueline couldn’t be more perfect. I couldn’t be happier/satisfied with the way the story ends. I loved and dislike certain parts! Over all, I KIND OF really like the book!! Both characters will be profoundly missed<3

You May Also Like

0 comments