Last Light - M. Pierce || Review

by - January 26, 2015

Title: Last Light (Night Owl Trilogy #2) 
Author: M. Pierce 
Genre: Adult Romance 
Rating: 4 | 5 

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: Night Owl || Review

I wanted to like this so much, to love it as much as I loved Night Owl. I didn’t. I ended up a bit disappointed with Last Light. I expected it to be a lot like Night Owl, and it wasn’t. I adore this Author, he teaches me things about myself I didn’t know, and he isn’t scared to be vulgar. Thank you. Last Light continues right after the Epilogue, starting and ending with a bang. I love the continued honesty, and vulgar in the writing. 

I love Matt and Hannah’s story. I love both of them as a couple. Their connection is so intense and all consuming. Always so hot and heavy, but I don’t feel that connection when they aren’t having sex. With this book being the second one I expected to see more emotional connection, more about Matt and his past. We didn’t get any of that. I have so many question that need answering, and I really hope I get that in the third book. 

I felt so terribly sad for Hannah in this book. Poor girl is unhappy in life because her boyfriend decided to be a pussy and wuss out because he lost his privacy. He was rude to his fans, and even his damn girlfriend. He claims he did it both for them, but we all know he only did it for himself, he’s incredibly selfish and a compulsive liar. Two of the worst traits a person can have. 

While I still very much enjoyed this book. I wish it were different. I wish I got more of a connection with the two characters minus the sex. They also need to stop hurting each other, for people in their late twenties they sure as hell are immature. The book lacked the fast pace thrill the first book had. Matt and Hannah are intense, and I love that about them. They’re an all or nothing kind of couple. If you’re curious about the aftermath of Night Owl, read this. It isn’t a bad read, very enjoyable, entertaining, and lustful but a bit dragged. I will continue to support Matt and Hannah in their adventures, in hopes to feel a larger emotional connection between the two.

You May Also Like

0 comments