This Man - Jodi Ellen Malpas || Reivew

by - January 07, 2015

Title: This man
Author: Jodi Ellen Malpas
Genre: Adult Romance
Rating: 3 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

Call me weird but I love all things about Alpha male characters. I love their domineering side, but I also love to see that hint of sweet and romance in them. I think to create the perfect Alpha character there definitely has to be a balance. I am disappointed with this book. I didn’t love it, I liked it and I really wish I did love it. Jodi is a great writer. She’s very detailed, and makes sure you know exactly where you are and what situation you’re in. You’ll know the smell around you, - she’s very descriptive and I love that. I love being thrown into a book and automatically adjusting because of a very talented Author.

My sister says she knows I wasn’t enjoying the book because I was letting her interrupt my reading, and I was happy to be interrupted. The book was very cliche. It starts off as Ava (our main female character) meeting a client Jesse Ward (enter in Alpha male) and when she meets him his beauty renders her speechless. Literally he talks to her and for about a minute all she does is take in his beauty. Sex was the weapon in this book, I’m sure they don’t even know each other favorite color, birthdays, or age…. But they will have sex with each other multiple times, too many times in a chapter. Shall I elaborate? In one chapter there are four sex scenes. There is sex in each chapter, and the only time they aren’t having sex or doing anything sexual is when he’s driving, or she’s at work. I wanted so badly to feel the love with these characters. They have chemistry for sure, but just sexually. There wasn’t any emotions between the two. 

Jesse is way too possessive it’s unnerving. I have no problem with possessive guys. I’ve read my fair share of them and love them all: Christian Grey, Gideon Cross, Travis Maddox, Remington Tate, Daemon Black, and etc.. I could deal with Grey, and Cross being possessive over their women because they were in actual danger through out the book. If Jesse had his way she’s never leave his side. The girl can barely go into work, go out with friends without ground rules and him having bouncers watch her. He’ll leave eight missed calls when she’s showering and will show up to her place. It’s suffocating. 

I won’t give up on this series because I’ve heard it gets better, and I’d like to see character growth. And because I'm optimistic and a hopeless romantic. I want their relationship to blossom beyond just sex, I want the emotional parts too. I like Jodi’s writing and the characters, just not the crazy possessive parts. I like Ava she’s successful, beautiful and I’m not bothered with their unknown age gap. I think it could have been such a mesmerizing story if I could feel emotions coming from each of them instead of just lust, if there was an actual reason for Jesse being bat shit crazy/possessive, and if Jodi answered some of the questions we have in our mind like: age, scar, sarah, and etc.. I won’t ever tell you not to read a book because everyone is different. Even though it wasn't what I expect I’ll continue the series.. And that should tell you there’s some good in it. I hope you enjoy it, if you decided to give it a go. 

You May Also Like

0 comments