The Retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin || Review

by - January 18, 2015

Title: The Retribution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 4 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

I hate the after math of finishing a series. The empty feeling that lingers in your system for days on out. During those days there's only one thing on your mind: Do they end up living happily forever? — Michelle is a phenomenal writer and I applaud her for creating such a beautiful and captivating story with the most intriguing characters. I feel so honored to be one of her readers and cannot wait to read more of her future work. 

In this book we get something we never got in the others: Noah’s point of view. Michelle did a phenomenal job of creating his thoughts. I loved the interchanging chapters. Noah Shaw’s point of view is not what I expected. It has the whit, charm, and vulgarity of his language, but I didn't expect to see a "wuss" side to him. He's always been this masculine figure to me that could or would try to fix anything and everything. Until I saw him break and I think I fell deeper in love with him.

I was a bit disappointed to how we got to the conclusion. Something was definitely missing throughout eighty percent of the book. It was not boring, or unentertaining to read, surprisingly it was very entertaining. But God did it feel like home to finally get what we were missing. For a final book in a trilogy, it’s not something I wanted. I expected it more from the second book, but not this one. I wanted to see more action, witty cute-drool-worthy moments between Mara and Noah. I wanted to see them fight against the world. Not that I'm not happy with what I got because lord knows I wouldn't be able to write anything better. I just wish we got more. (Also apologies for being extremely vague in this paragraph. I just really do not want to spoil anything..) 

Call me selfish but I just need to know their future. I reuse to believe they can't choose their fate. Did I enjoy it? Heck yeah! It wasn't the plot I was expecting but I'll take what I can get. I love how short the book felt. Pages were flying and next thing I knew I finished. It's bitter sweet when things you love come to an end but I'm happy these two beautiful people finally get the break they deserve. Also really brilliant how the last couple pages tied up with the first book. --- Brb while I drive twenty mins to the city and pray I see Noah going for a run ;) 

You May Also Like

0 comments