You Were Mine - Abbi Glines || Review

by - January 22, 2015

Title: You were Mine
Author: Abbi Glines
Genre: Adult
Rating:

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

Abbi Glines has always been one of those Authors I know would never disappoint. She has a way with captivating her reader straight from the beginning. Reeling you in with the first paragraph and falling in love with the second. She's one of the most phenomenal romance authors out there. -- I was a it skeptical on reading Bethy and Tripp's story because of how much I adore Jace. It was worth it though, every sentence in this book is a hook.

I related so easily with Bethy. Starting with her sixteen year old self, so sweet, innocent, and quiet. It was easy to place yourself in her shoes. Then there was the loss of her love. Loss I know nothing of but, I felt like thousands of knives prickling at my heart I felt the loss of Jace. I left the loss of Tripp from eight years ago. Every single feeling Bethy felt I did too. She was me, and I was her. 

There was no way that Tripp couldn't win me over. He is the epitome of perfect. He's patient, devoted to her, protective, and has a hell of a mouth ;)

I loved the interchanging chapters. Seeing each other from different point of views. It didn't seem cliche or bland but tasteful and perfectly constructed. Tripp had the heart of a desperately in love man and I felt exactly that and saw that from Bethy's eyes. Bethy was broken and hollow. You could feel it and see it through Tripp's eyes, and boy did it hurt. I loved the additional new information on the other characters. It was such a beautiful touch to get so much of them in the book. They've all been severely missed but their time of heart ache is over, and they deserve the happily ever after.

This is one of my favorite reads this month. It was angsty, sexy, and heartbreaking. Like Bethy by the end you will find yourself to be okay. I highly recommend the Rosemary Beach series if you haven't already read them. I also recommend reading them in order. You can read them separately but why miss out on all the hotness of the characters from this series? Most beautifully constructed book and is the perfect story of forgiveness and second chances. Favorite Abbi Glines book yet!

Jace you'll always be loved, Rest In Peace.

You May Also Like

0 comments