The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin || Review

by - January 07, 2015

Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Author: Michelle Hodkin 
Genre: Young Adult 
Rating: 5 | 5 

Synopsis: Goodreads 

Review
This is one of those book where you have to cover the next page and read each line with a piece of paper. You will be addicted, you will not sleep, and you will fall so much harder for Noah in this. I love Michelle Hodkin’s writing, it’s so descriptive, and clear where you can just see every sentence playing into a scene in your head. Her words are so beautiful and lyrical, and extremely entrancing. I loved this book WAY more than the first book. 

The dark murky vibe of the book is not scary but exciting. It’s suspenseful and I never knew what was coming next. Each chapter was filled with plot twist, and each one ended in a cliff hanger. I was a starved man for this book, I couldn’t stop reading, frantically flipping through pages… and crying. The amount of times I cried is pretty pathetic, and I just hope who ever reads The Evolution next prepares them selves. You’re in for a hell of a ride. 

"If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.” 
Noah Shaw, has stolen the spot of my number one Young Adult book boyfriend!  He’s romantic, english, and so damn passionate. I can’t put my love (obession) into words! The chemistry between Noah and Mara is so unbelievable intense and sexy, half the time I feel like I should even be reading that part it seems like I’m prying into someone else life. Their passion and love for one another is mind blowing, and I love the innocence in their relationship. No character in a book will ever love one another as much as these two. 

I am so impressed with this book. The last hundred and fifty pages were so intense. I was jumping, crying, and was on edge the whole time! The plot is so incredible and well constructed. There is nothing in this book that isn’t perfect. I totally feel for you people who read this when it came out because with that type of Cliff hanger as an ending I would have ripped my hair out.. Because of the third book, being released and the whispers I’ve heard, I was okay when the book ended. I highly recommend this book to everyone. If you want some thing captivating, this it is, if you want hot and passionate love between characters, this is it, if you wanna be confused and not know what you’re reading the whole time but are still loving it, then yeah this is it. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. And you should definitely read it! Have you read the first book in the series? :)

      Delete