Dusk - Alyssa Rose Ivy || Review

by - January 14, 2015

Title: Dusk (The Dire Wolf Chronicles #2) 
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy 
Genre: New Adult Paranormal 
Rating: 4 | 5 

Synopsis: Goodreads 

Review: Dire (The Dire Wolf Chronicles #1 | Review) 


I’ve been waiting four month for this book! The way the last one ended was so good, I knew I had to read this asap. As soon as I was sent the arc (advance readers copy) I dove straight into the book. I missed the Dire word with Gage, Hunter, and all things amazing and cold. This book is definitely a lot better than the first book. In the first book, I didn’t like the writing at all, I found it un-descriptive, a lot more telling than showing. Alyssa Rose Ivy has definitely changed. I love the writing in this one, if flowed so beautifully, and I saw everything happening in my head like an action-packed movie. She left nothing for me to imagine, it was already done for me. 

If I thought I was torn about Hunter and Gage in the first book, I’m a hot mess now. There were so many beautiful parts with Gage and Mary Anne in the first book where you feel the connection between the two. It’s beautiful to feel how much they belong with one another. In this book, it’s Hunter. He’s so amazing like a book with out a synopsis he’s a mystery you want to unravel and learn everything about. He’s intelligent, sweet, sexy and smooth with words. I guess you can say I’m team Gater (Gage and Hunter) I feel so terribly bad for Mary Anne and the situation she’s in. The girl can’t catch a break. 

What I enjoyed more than anything in this book is the triple point of views. I love hearing Gage thoughts especially with his new found self, Mary Anne fighting to love both men and stay loyal to Gage, and Hunter hopelessly falling in love with Mary Anne. There’s huge difference between the two Male characters. I was scared that they’ll both sound so similar, but they didn’t. They were exactly what I thought they would sound like. Gage is impulsive, hot headed, and mischievous, Hunter is smooth, patient, loving, and definitely dirty minded. You can tell there’s an age gap because of the maturity in the way they think. 

I am so excited for the third installment. Just as I was finally and totally team hunter, Alyssa Rose Ivy reels me back into the arms or Gage and now my feels are more conflicting then before. I can’t wait to see how the next book plays out, and how it’ll come to an end. This book was everything I thought it would be: action packed, steamy, and amazing! I highly recommend this book, it has a love triangle (I love, love triangles I just hate that someone always gets hurt..), action, and paranormal all in one beautiful book. I only wished that it was longer! Happy reading loves, xx. 

You May Also Like

0 comments