Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover || Mini Review ||

by - September 06, 2014

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: Romance, Adult
Rating: 4 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 

This book definitely met most of my expectations, but then again I already knew it would. Colleen Hoover wrote it, so of course it would be great. I have such mixed emotions for with this book, I love it and hate it, but like always, the book is beautifully written. It had exceptional dialogue. What makes it different from her other books is this definitely has way more sex, it’s an Adult book. Their are interchanging chapters, Tate the MFC and Miles the MMC, Tate’s chapters are of the present while Miles is of his past from six years ago. Slowly throughout his chapter you learn why he’s so broken, and through those chapters you could really feel his pain. 
Broken characters are my thing, I love them to death because they usually have the best character development. I didn’t feel that with Miles, and his chapters and pain can’t excuse the way he treated Tate. This book is a crazy emotional roller coaster. I most definitely am not okay with Miles and his need for validation from his ex lover to move on it's just messed up, especially for the great girl Tate that's in love with you. It really was an ugly love. Despite all that, I still loved the book, the ending was great, and the beginning and middle. I just really wish he could have moved on himself without the help from his ex. The book is so emotionally exhausting and conflicting. I can’t give the book five stars because it didn’t grip me, and there was no character growth with Miles. I do suggest this as a read, maybe you’ll have a different opinion. 

You May Also Like

0 comments