Ignite - Lily Paradie || Book Review ||

by - September 01, 2014

Title: Ignite
Author: Lily Paradis
Genre: Young Adult/NewAdult
Rating: 4.5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 

There are times after I finish a book where I need a whole day before I write a review. To collect my thoughts and properly review it to the best of my ability.. But this one is special. I feel like it can’t wait. I have so many things going through my head, and so many thought that need to be expressed right NOW. This is my first book by Lily Paradis, I’ve never read any of her work before, and I am so happy I got a chance to read this. I am so in love with it, and the characters, everything flowed so beautifully. I’m already can’t wait to learn more about Arclight. I’m patiently waiting trying to contain my inner fangirl and keep her in check. Plus, this author is incredibly sweet, and I just wish you all would read this book. If I could I would stand outside all day passing out copies of the book! 
The story didn’t start off too strong for me. I wasn’t completely sold in the beginning. I had a few minor issues: I felt like I was just thrown into the book, trying to figure out and gauge what is going on. No character background or anything, the writing in the beginning was more ‘tell than show’ if you get what I’m saying. 
But damn, as I continued to read, I fell in love with it. Everything about it drew me in, and completely captivated me. It wasn’t just the hot, tall, blue eyed enigma that kept me turning the page but the writing. The writing progressed so beautifully as the book continued. I could see the words slowly flying off the page and creating a beautiful movie in my head. I love the chase in this book, how it started off as a friendship and just slowly progressed. It was so wonderful! 
  • Dean, this guys is a dream. He’s different from any guy I’ve read about. It’s also very obvious how completely in love he is from the beginning and I loved that. Slowly he starts changing, making himself a better person for Lauren and the kids. I ALSO loved his relationship with Emma. Seriously any guy that’s great with kids like that can have my heart. Dean definitely has a special place with me! <3 
  • Lauren is definitely one of the sweetest, almost perfect characters I’ve read about. She had red hair, and is just hot. She’s a good friend, sister, and girlfriend. She’s extremely caring and does the right thing for everyone. 
Over all, I loved it. Everything from the witty, flirt dialogue between the characters, to all the pain and mess they went through. I think this is the perfect transition book from Young Adult, to New Adult. It doesn’t have the teenage vibe, but doesn’t have the overly horny college kids. It’s a perfect balance, and it definitely had a very special place in my heart. Everybody better watch out, because Lily definitely has an amazing future ahead of her. I can’t wait for Arclight (which is IGNITE told in Dean’s point of view)! I HIGHLY suggest everyone checks this book out, and adds it to their goodreads! 


Thank you very much to Lily, and Elia! <33  

You May Also Like

0 comments