Landline - Rainbow Rowell || Mini Book Review ||

by - September 28, 2014

Title: Landline
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: Adult, Contemporary
Rating: 3.5 | 5

SynopsisGoodreads

Mini Review: 

I absolutely like this book. It started off weak for me, and I couldn’t pick the book up for a full week because of the boredom I went through while trying to read the first few chapters. I had to stop and push myself to keep going. A lot of people I’ve spoken to said that it does get better, and they weren’t wrong. It did get better, not a lot better than the beginning but it improved. I really wish this book didn’t disappoint me, but I guess I was expecting too much. With a lot of Rainbow’s books I find myself bored in the first ten chapters, but after that it gets better. And to me, ten chapters is a lot, I would understand three, or even five to get us introduced to the world and appreciating it. BUT not ten. While I love Rainbow’s writing, I guess I just don’t appreciate her pace and maybe her books just aren’t for me. I guess I’m more of an Action loving kind of girl. 
It  was very cute throughout the whole thing. It had great dialogue, but dragged on a bit in certain areas. I loved the idea of the plot, it's brilliant, and was carried through very well. I just really wished the book didn’t take so long to get into. I like it a lot, but I can't say I love it. A part I did love was when we saw a little cameo of Cath and Levi :') So much feels throughout that part!! -- Even though this book didn't live up to my expectations, I'll still continue to get excited and read Rainbow's books. I still very much recommend this book, if you’re into contemporary and have read her other books then you should definitely give it a go! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments