Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson || Book Review ||

by - September 11, 2014

Title: Second Chance Summer
Author: Morgan Matson
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 

I have loved to my hearts greatest extent all of Morgan Matson’s books. There’s not a single book, or page I’ve read that has disappointed me. I don’t think I can say anymore than I already have. I’ve spoken about two Morgan Matson books already and my love for them I feel like I’m all out of words. Still I’m completely speechless with how this book left me. 
Second Chance Summer is definitely my favorite out of everything she’s ever written. This one is different, it isn’t a self discovery, but a self growth. (Does that make sense?) Taylor isn’t necessarily lost, she’s confused and scared. I felt really attached to Taylor. I can completely relate to Taylor in ways I didn’t know I could with a fictional character. She and I have gone through the same struggles, and have gone face to face with our greatest fear, which is losing someone you love and etc.. Like in all her books, the character growth is spectacular. It’s slow but progresses strongly. It was so beautiful to watch Taylor go from this scared girl, to someone so outspoken and brave/courageous. 
Morgan Matson’s writing, is just as exquisite as it was in the other two books, or even better. Nothing is ever left to your imagination. She writes the books so vividly you don’t need to think about it, you just see it. It all flows so well and beautifully!! I highly suggest you go out and buy the book. Even if you don’t know what it is about, just buy it and dive in! You won’t regret it. You will fall in love with the words, setting, and you will appreciate all that you have and who you have. If you’ve read her other work and loved  it, you will definitely love this just as much or even more. Morgan Matson your work is breathtaking. 

You May Also Like

0 comments