Opal (Lux #3) - Jennifer Armentrout || Book Review ||

by - September 29, 2014

Title: Opal (Lux #3)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Genre: Young Adult, STEAMY, AWESOME (haha)
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 

There was definitely a lot of blushing on my end of the book, I mean I loved the chase in the first two books. All the angst and sexual tension was nice and all, but damn these two as a couple are too damn adorable. Then again, Daemon Black is part of that equation so what else did we expect right? I don’t think I have to say it AGAIN, but I will. I love love love love Jennifer Armentrout. She is definitely my number one favorite Author. She’s damn brilliant, I love every single thing about her writing. Every character she writes is different, and every book is pure gold. 
This book definitely wasn’t as intense as the last one. It had its moments but wasn’t like Onyx where every single moment was like the characters were hanging by a thread over a cliff. This was a bit more calm, and steamy. *eyebrow wiggle* It was definitely more about their relationship with everyone and a lot of testing was being done with one another.. Going into this book I didn’t think the characters would change so much but they did. Daemon shows us his sensitive side, Dee’s angry (which is rare), Ash and Andrew have emotions (who knew right?) etc.. The writing and the dialogue is probably ever better than the first two books! UGH, I’m just obsessed with this series. I might need therapy when I finish the books. 
This book is painful, not a spoiler but a warning. You’ll be in this happy place reading it, because they’re finally together, like together together. And you can tell their both in love and happy. Things in both their lives are getting better, friendships are starting to mend again. Then the book takes this turn, into a really dark place and you’re left like this: My only suggestion to you is to buy Origin before you finish this book, because you will want to jump right into it. Sorry for my vagueness in this review, I can’t really say much without giving anything away. But have a few rolls of tissues, booze, whatever will make you feel better. Like always I will forever recommend this series! If you haven’t read the first two books, you can read my review here: Obsidian (Lux #1) Onyx (Lux #2)

You May Also Like

0 comments