Guardian - Courtney Cole || Book Review ||

by - September 05, 2014

Title: Guardian
Author: Courtney Cole
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 

Courtney Cole is fucking phenomenal! Her way with words is so unique and captivating. She's an extremely talented writer and I am so happy to have been given the chance to review this book. There wasn’t one point in the book where I was bored or disappointed. Everything about this story was unique and so well translated. It’s definitely the best demon/angel topic I’ve ever read bout. Growing up in a Christian home I’ve heard so many stories about all the fallen angels, and my brother being the curious cat he is fell in love with the subject. So I grew up hearing about it. I loved reading the story and understanding it all, knowing the angels and who/what they are before it is explained. The amount of research and work she did to make sure this book is accurate definitely shows. Nothing about this book is lacking. Not from the writing or the characters, nothing!

I fell in love with her writing by the time I finished reading her dedication. My face was tear stained, then I read the first chapter and I felt like I was drowning in myself. Courtney Cole’s writing can only be described as supreme. It’s so descriptive, addicting and is definitely different from other authors! You might as well call this a movie because it didn’t feel like a book. Not to me, every chapter turned into a scene and it just continued to play the best movie I’ve ever seen.

  • Brady: Is definitely one of the sweetest guys I’ve ever had the pleasure to read about. He had this way with words where he could seduce you into anything. The simplest things came out of his mouth, and just sounded so beautiful. “I hope I’m not being rude. I just can’t stop thinking about you.”  He was a damn dream, blonde/brownish hair with piercing blue eyes and the built body of a football player. Yeah he’s definitely a dangerous combination ;) 
  • Whitney: Bless this book because people because we have a strong heroine from the beginning. Yep, she’s strong and she pretty much just gets stronger and stronger throughout the story. So there is definitely some character growth! I loved her character, after all the pain she has went through she still manages to stand up and be the adult. So fast, she takes on all the responsibility to let other grieve so she put her grieving aside. She’s extremely selfless! I really loved that she knew when to accept someone  or herself needed help, and wouldn’t hesitate to ask for it. 

I now feel the need to go out and buy all her books!! Through out the whole the book the saying “not everything is what is seems”  is told to whitney. After finishing the book, I think it’s more towards us than it is for her. I loved the theme of everything happens for a reason because I truly do believe that. I suggest no one tries to figure this book out, just love it and enjoy it because that BIG BANG will come and you might just get smacked with it if you aren’t careful. So many great plot twist, and details. I adored the ending, and this whole book! It’s definitely a favorite of mine! I highly suggest everyone goes out and buys it! It’s so captivating, keeps you on edge, and makes you swoon beyond belief. Hope you all love it as much as I do! 

You May Also Like

0 comments