Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins || Book Review ||

by - September 16, 2014

Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

I absolutely adore all these books, Stephanie Perkins is just one of the most talented authors that are out there! I really enjoyed Anna, and Lola. I didn’t think Isla could even compete with it or even come close to the love and beauty I felt for the other two but clearly I was wrong. Everything about the books Stephanie Perkins writes is perfect in every single possible way ever. She makes the stories come alive, and the way she writes, the dialogue, and how descriptive she is, makes her that much more amazing.

There are so many reasons why I fell in love with this book. The writing, is brilliant. It isn’t just words printed on a page, because the moment you read them, they invade your mind and create the most beautiful scenes. I didn’t find myself looking into the movie, but playing Isla, being her. While I did connect with Anna, and a bit of Lola I found myself completely connecting with Isla, I felt myself feeling the pain and insecurities she felt. She and I both have a boy best friend, the same scary insecurities, don’t know what we want in life/scared to figure that out, and so much more. I found myself crying so much through out the book, not just because of their relationship, but for her. I know what it feels to be lost, and not know what you want and there isn’t time to decide. But I’m so happy that she got the ending she deserves, that they both did. I adore her character, and strength. Josh, UGH I love josh so much probably more than the others. He’s honestly so perfect, in the most disastrous way. He has that dark moody artist vibe to him, and the rebelliousness is just a tad bit sexy. He’s flawed, and I love it. The book took place in three of the most beautiful cities in the world. Manhattan, Barcelona, and Paris. 
I love how different this book is from the other two. Anna and Lola seemed so perfect, like nothing ever went wrong, this book is happy. It felt personal, more realistic and some how raw. There were ugly parts in this book, but those parts made this book that much more beautiful and real. The ending of the book was perfect, the ending to all the characters were. I couldn’t be happier with how the novels were completed. I only hope that we get to see more of them in the future. I hope it isn’t only me and that other agree.. Mer should definitely have her own book, in Rome! I would love to finally see her get her happily ever after! This book/series is on the top of my favorites this year! I highly recommend it and hope everyone enjoys it just as much as I did. 

You May Also Like

0 comments