Where she went(#2) - Gayle Forman || Review ||

by - February 14, 2014

Barnes & Nobles | Amazon
Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Genre: Young Adult
Rate: 2.5 out of 5 stars (More than the 1st book)

Synopsis: Good Reads
Review:
Again!! It happened again.. I really thought this one would be different, because it was in Adams point of view, it's three years later, and there's a conflict/plot that gave it a more appealing factor. I didn't like or love both books.. But it wasn't to the point where I read fifty pages and couldn't continue because it was bad, the book was tolerable enough for me finish both.. And for this one I was intrigued by why she left him.. They both seemed so in love, and she was unconscious in the whole first book. I didn't feel the agonizing pain and betrayal Forman was describing.. A lot of the time she was telling and not showing. I found that in both books Gayle Forman focused too much on the past and not enough on the present. And a lot of the "flashbacks/past" chapters were so irrelevant, nothing but fillers!! I found myself skipping chapters! (Which I do not do, ever!!)  She gave too much of a back story that she might as well had released a Prequel to both the books.. I did give this novel a half more star because it was a happy ending, and of course I love happy endings. But other than that nothing changed besides the characters actions.. Mia is still the same girl, but now she's famous. Adam is sort of the same.. Not really. He's an asshole, he's cold hearted, smokes, and gets panic attacks.. (Which is the only difference from both the last book and this one!) I love romance so naturally, I love Adam and Mia together which is why I decided to give this book a chance.. But I did not feel the chemistry at all with them. I thought this one would be different since well she isn't unconscious and a spirit the whole time. After three years of both of them yearning for one another the get together in a heart beat! And the whole reason on why she left was basically just a misunderstanding and could have been avoided.. UGH. This just frustrates me..
I do advise you to look up many different reviews with or with out spoilers, read the overview, and ask your friends if they've read/enjoyed it.. There's nothing more frustrating than spending your money on a book you didn't love.. I'm glad I didn't purchase the second book, but instead decided to download the PDF version from Google onto my e-reader.
I'm looking forward to the movie maybe this time I'll enjoy it more than the book..
Everyone's different maybe you'll enjoy it. Try it, and good luck..

You May Also Like

0 comments