Stolen - Lucy Christopher || Review ||

by - February 12, 2014

Barnes and Nobles | Amazon
Title: Stolen
Author: Lucy Christopher
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
"It happened like this. I was stolen from an airport. Taken from everything I knew, everything I was used to. Taken to sand and heat, dirt and danger. And he expected me to love him. This is my story. A letter from nowhere." .....more
Review:             
I'm honestly so lost with words.. Lucy Christopher is brilliant. Stolen is beautiful, dysfunctional, and powerful. I was enthralled when I read the synopsis, completely bewitched. I can honestly say this is the most intriguing book I've ever read. I will definitely recommend this to everyone I know!


Characters and Writing: I don't know if I can say I like this book, not because it's bad but because I shouldn't like a book about a kidnapper. Lucy Christopher had a way of toying with my emotions. One moment, I was disgusted with Ty, the next I found myself drawn to him, pitying him, and even from the beginning loving him..  I shouldn't root for him to win and spend the rest of his life happy with Gemma. But that's what I was doing. What I found to be the greatest aspect of this book is the description.. When I turned the page, I found myself standing in the desert as Gemma with Ty. I wasn't looking into the book, I was living it.. Every thought, and emotion she had went through me.. Which is why I stopped reading the book half way in November. I was frightened by all the feelings.. But now that I've finished it, I'm devastated, euphoric, and infatuated... Christopher's writing is so power she has me believing I have Stockholm Syndrome. Though every reaction to this book will be different, I've learned many people felt similar to me. I find that the emotional havoc of stolen is what makes it so divergent, and glorious. 

You May Also Like

0 comments