On Dublin Street - Samantha Young || Review ||

by - February 13, 2014

Barnes and Nobles | Amazon
Title: On Dublin Street
Author: Samantha Young
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Disclaimer: For Mature Audience only (18+)!

My over view:
The story follows Jocelyn Butler, who moves from Virginia to Scotland after a horrific tragedy which left her without a family, best friend, but a bundle of bitter memories.. When she moves into a new flat(apartment) on Dublin Street, she is unaware of the revolution she's about to par take. Braden Carmichael is our leading man - panty dropper, rich, sexy as hell, and absolutely irresistible. But as they learn more about each other, will Braden be able to crack the high and impenetrable wall that keeps her safe from any harm, or will she run to save herself?
Review:
I've read plenty of Adult Romance novels, most of them really good, but every now and then I find a very special novel, with the most beautiful characters, and it blows my mind. This is one of those books! I enjoyed every single second reading this, I didn't sleep because I stayed up way too late trying to finish it, and finally when it was time for bed. I couldn't.. I had to keep going, I couldn't put it down until I finally finished it. But when I did finish, I couldn't get it out of my head..

Characters and Writing:
After reading the prologue, I knew I was going to love the novel. The plot and the concept, everything was so moving. Young has a way with words. I was brought to tears just after reading the fourth page.. I found myself crying and feeling for a character I didn't know.. Her writing style is simple, and descriptive. She doesn't just tells you, but shows you. Most of the romance novels I've read, the men are broken and it's rare that the women are. And if the women are the broken one, they are weak, needing a man to save them. Jocelyn didn't need that.
I loved and hated the chase in this novel. I loved it because it was a long chase.. It wasn't one of those where they automatically bone each other in the third chapter. It was a slow progressing love.. Watching them grow, and cheering on for Braden as he slowly broke down Joss's walls. I found my self comparing this a little bit to Fifty shades of grey.. Then Young would turn around and smack down my train of thought as if saying "No this is nothing like it, it is better.." (Which I agree..) And  FINALLY it was the guy who wanted more! It was completely refreshing because finally it was the man chasing and not vise versa  BUT of course being a overly romantic person that I am I get sick of the chase after some time.. It's great don't get me wrong but at some point you kind of just want to take their heads and mush it together and yell "Joss grow up, he loves you, and you love him! Just be together, skip the bullshit and love each other! Please!"
  • Jocelyn believes she is broken, beyond repair.. So she builds a protective shield around her self, hoping to ward off any kind of pain in the future. Despite all that she's spunky, smart, feisty, and extremely independent. She didn't need to be saved, just healed. Joss is seeing a therapist! Oh, I loved that. I didn’t have to yell at the book and advise Joss that she possibly needed professional help. The author included those sessions and they added to my overall enjoyment and understanding of this complex character! I liked her and wanted her to enjoy life once again. 
  • I love Braden so much! He's definitely in my top book boyfriends ;) He isn't the typical rich man in most books. I appreciate the little things about him, how he DID NOT take his coffee black, flaunt his money, and he cares so much about his family. He's possessive and jealous in the sexiest ways where it isn't over the top, even the reader feels suffocated. He understands Jocelyn’s issues and loves her in spite of them. Braden reads her, he gets her, and the patience and care he shows during her panic attacks only endeared him more. I loved him.
The most beautiful love story I've read.. I now understand why ALMOST every great love story doesn't have a second novel.. It's because there's no other way to write about the same characters with out breaking them up.. And honestly, that's just a headache waiting to happen. I'm so glad there isn't a second book to their story.. because it already ended so well, so perfect..

You May Also Like

0 comments