On The Fence - Kasie West || Book review

by - April 23, 2015

Title: On The Fence
Author: Kasie West
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

Nothing about Kasie West's books disappoint me, is it too early to say she might be a new found favorite? After reading two of her books I already know I'll immediately pre-order her future books (like I just finished doing). This Author is a phenomenal writer! She has this way of making each character so uniquely different, and her flow of writing is smooth as velvet. You can easily get lost in her books and finding yourself like me wide eyed at five am from finishing one of her phenomenal novels! 

I loved every single character in this novel. They are each so funny and unique. There's amazing dialogue between each person. Such amazing banter, and our main character Caymen is a ball of fun! Alexander, bless the writing gods for having Kasie West make you! 

Caymen: Is a very relatable character. She's so honest, and sarcastic. Usually using her sarcasm in inappropriate moments, but you'll love her for it. Everything that goes on in this girls head is so funny. I truly wish she were real because I think we'd make great friends! 

Alexander: Humina. Humina. He's pretty much the good boy next door. He's cute and sweet. I like that his looks aren't overly expressed throughout the book. The Author doesn't continue to describe his "bulging biceps" while he's cutting paper. You know, those books? You see more of his attractiveness through out the book. It's more of a falling in love with his personality and then everything about his looks and etc is just a bonus. 

I never used to be a fan of Contemporary books. They used to lack something.. Until now I still don't know what the previous contemporaries lacked, but I can tell you for sure this isn't one of those. It's the kind where after you finish you will crave more. High praises for Kasie West! I will continue with all her books and hope to love them all just as much as the past two! 

Why not, right? 

You May Also Like

0 comments