White Hot Kiss - Jennifer Armentrout || Book Review

by - April 16, 2015

Title: White Hot Kiss

Author: Jennifer Armentrout 
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal 
Rating: 4 | 5 

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:
Jennifer Armentrout has always been that Author I knew I could count on. This book isn't different from her other work. Just as much as I loved the others, I love this just as much, but I just wasn't captivated by it. Her writing is exquisite. It gets better with every page she writes. She doesn't ever leave anything for you imagination. She paints it out for you, everything is explained so detailed you see it play as a movie. The sarcastic, witty charm in her writing is here and stronger than ever.

I adored Layla (our heroine). From the beginning of the book she is this shy girl that isn't sure which side she stands in life. As the book progresses so does she, by the end of the book she's this total badass, kicking butt. She's also very relatable and funny.

I thought there was a love triangle in the book. Everyone has been talking about team(insert guys name). In this book Jennifer leans you towards a specific guy but you still sort of ache for the other. It doesn't feel like a love triangle and I love that!

Over all, I loved the book. It is addicting, bad ass and had me swooning. (But what Jennifer book doesn't?) It's extremely fast paced, one minute everything is calm then the next it isn't. The plot and twist is executed phenomenally. The only reason I notched this down a peg is because I wasn't captivated. By most of Jennifer's books I'm in love before the first chapter is even over. It wasn't enticing right from the beginning but is still an amazing book. I highly recommend this, and happy reading! xx 

You May Also Like

2 comments