Fire & Flood - Victoria Scott || Book Review

by - April 09, 2015

Title: Fire & Flood
Author: Victoria Scott
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Adventure 
Rating: 5 | 5 !!!!!

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review: 
I want to personally thank the Author. I believe this my first Sci-fi, adventure-fantasy novel I've ever read and I feel truly blessed to be a reader. She's given me this amazing gift with her words. Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful, well rounded book that has everything a five star book contains. You've opened my heart to this new genre that I cannot wait to read more of it. Good luck to the next book I read in this Genre, I don't think one could even come close to comparing. 

I received this book from my wonderful friend as a birthday present, and I just wanna crush her with a HUGE AK-7 hug for doing that - thanks Liv! I went into the book very opening minded, and so dang excited. When I heard people say it reminded them of Pokémon and the Huger Games I couldn't wrap my mind around that, so naturally I had to pick it up and see myself. If you've watched Pokémon from the very first episode to the last you'll see a lot of similarities from the characters personalities and etc.. I've never read the Hunger Games but only watched the movies (I know shame on me..) and it has the same idea: you participate in a race or "game" for a prize but, and I cannot stress this enough IT ISN'T LIKE IT. It's so different. 

The Author, when writing this created this whole different atmosphere and it felt like I was the character. I was plucked from my couch into the book, playing as her. Victoria Scott is such a great writer, I love how detailed every single aspect of the book was. I love the little surprises of humor in such a heavy book. I love the characters, most especially Tella. I relate so much to Tella, and even though there were so many different characters in this book they never sounded the same. Everyone had their own voice and personality that was easily distinguishable. 

Fire and Flood is so fast paced, and extremely addicting. I suggest you don't start reading at night or a day before you have work, because you won't wanna put this baby down. I most especially loved that in the midst of all this chaos and craziness happening, there was also two people falling in love. Our main character and Guy (really, that's his name. kinda cool, right?) blue eyed, bronze babe ;). It was the perfect amount of romance. I won't say anymore about him, you'll just have to BUY THE BOOK NOW. I hope you fall in complete utter love with this book like I did. Tella is so refreshing and real. She isn't an instant badass, but she grows and gets the strength she needs to stay in the race. I HIGHLY recommend this book. This is my first Victoria Scott book but I think it's safe to say she just may become a new auto-buy author of mine.  

 Buy it now: 

You May Also Like

0 comments