To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han || Book Review

by - February 20, 2015

Title: To All The Boys I've Loved Before 
Author: Jenny Han 
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary 
Rating: 5 | 5 

Synopsis: Goodreads 

Review

I’m not usually a fan of contemporary.. I just always find it to be lacking. To me, I need the build up, the rush. I need my heart to beat until I feel like it’s going to stammer out of my chest. I want the chocking feeling in the back of my throat where I cry and sob. And pretty much everything I want contemporary books can never fulfill. February has been such a disappointing reading month for me. My two go-to-authors have disappointed me. When I started this book I was skeptical.. It’s contemporary, and you already know how I feel about that, I am already having a bad reading month, and I’ve read so many iffy reviews I didn’t wanna waste anymore time with mediocre books. 

Jenny Han proved me wrong. I have found a new found love and respect for the easy light, fluffy contemporary books. From now on, I will look at them so different and will never hesitate to dive into the the unknown. I’m so happy I went through with reading it. 

I can understand the controversy about Lara Jean. Personally, I loved her character. She’s complex and different. She acted exactly her age, and she was hilarious. I loved feeling the butterflies in my stomach, giggling and blushing. It was such a good feeling. 

Over all, I really really love the book. I love the plot. I love the ending. I love the characters. I love Peter. The drama and angst, it was all the perfect amount. Very balanced. I highly recommend every one check this out. It’s written beautifully. It read off like lyrics on a page, smooth. I can’t wait for the second one. I hope it’s just as good as the first. 

You May Also Like

0 comments