Beautiful Redemption - Jamie McGuire || Book Review

by - February 20, 2015

Title: Beautiful Redemption
Author: Jamie McGuire 
Genre: Adult, Romance 
Rating: 3.5 | 5 

Synopsis: Goodreads 

Review

Lets talk a bit shall we? I expected so much more for this book. Being a huge Jamie McGuire fan I had a lot of expectations, and they are always met when it comes to her. She’s my go to Author. Beautiful Redemption had the wit, love, steamy steamy moments, and most definitely the angst but way too much freaking angst. There’s a point in a book where the chase gets to be too much. Where the characters cross a line in my eyes from cute, to annoying. The writing is just as amazing. That will never disappoint me. The plot and the character is such a huge problem for me. 

I am the biggest Thomas Maddox fan there probably is. Out of all the boys Thomas has always been my favorite. When he was mentioned in the end of Walking Disaster I knew I loved him then. He's the oldest, responsible, hottest Maddox. And wears a suit and tie on a daily. Like how can you not fall all over that? Thomas is everything I ever thought he’d be plus 100x more. He’s sweet, affectionate, and prickly. He has the perfect edge. I loved learning about his past (mother/family), what happened with Cami from his point of view. 

From the beginning to the middle it was ah-may-zing! I couldn’t stop blushing and giggling, I felt like a middle schooler with her first crush. It was adorable, sweet, and then it started to cross a line.. The line of annoyance: repetitive fights, in decisiveness, and stupidity. I thought I loved the main character like I loved Abby and Cami, but nope. I do not, she is one huge no in my book. She started off cool, and bad ass and didn’t take any bullshit. I loved that about all her, and all the other girls. They all have similar characteristics but are so distinctly different. Their voice, mannerism. It's all unique to their self. BUT Liis is so whiny and jealous. I understand jealousy to an extent especially in their situation. If the man has told you/showed you plenty of time there is nothing to be jealous about... BELIEVE HIM. She drove me nuts and created so much unnecessary drama and pain for the two of them.

I liked the plot and how everything played out. It's hard to love it because of my lack off connection and strong dislike to the main character. I did love Thomas though. He was just as perfect as I imagined his character to me. Completely gorgeous, strong, loyal and flawless. I think I was only able to get through the book because of Thomas, and Travis. The little mentions and cameos of the other characters.  I didn't feel any connection, but a pleasant read. I hope you guys all have better luck than me when it comes to this. That you enjoy Liis, happy reading. xx

You May Also Like

0 comments