OYSTER REVIEW

by - July 24, 2015

Most of you may not know but I love reading on my nook! Before I joined the bookstagram community, that's the only place I read on. Everything on there's very affordable, and it's convenient to one click buy a book and pretend it never happened. Which I did often. Haha. After joining the amazing bookstagram community my nook has been dusty and unloved. My poor baby hasn't received any attention and my wallet cries on a daily from the amount of physical books I buy. 

Then Oyster reached out to me. Oyster is an app and e-book subscription for as little as $9.95 a month. They offer so many amazing free books exclusively for members, also discounted books that are yours to keep. If you're hesitant (which you should not be because they're great) they have a free 14 day trial. I already have an introduction to Oyster blog post. If you missed it, click on the hearts.  ♥ ♥

Oyster is astonishing! I love that it is a better combination of Netflix and Goodreads! There is an endless amount of books for members. You may also add friends, and see what each other is reading. It's fantastic! You have nothing to lose by trying the free app, but so much more to gain! The app is beautiful, modern, and extremity easy to use. You won't have to worry about your elders interrupting your reading for help. It caters to all ages with its simplicity. Oyster also has the biggest variety of books to choose from. Not only are most of them extremely affordable, but there are so many incredible FREE books exclusively for members! I love that the app includes a huge variety of genre's including New Adult! Take a peep at my Young Adult reading list: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

  • Presentation? See the beauty for yourself. I think I've said enough! ;) Oyster App♥
  • Performance: It's a five star. I've read two books and have no problem. The app is fast, and never lags. It hasn't crashed on me and I hope it never does. I much prefer Oyster than nook or kindle. 
  • Options: There is a bunch!! Turning the page isn't by swiping left or right but by up or down. If you don't like that and much rather prefer the horizontal swipe mode you can change it. The screen preferences, and lighting is awesome! There are so many different choices: night mode, brightness adjustment, text size options, text font option. It also has their new lighting option: Lumin, which automatically adjust the light on your device as the sun sets in your location. It's a better reading experience at night and improves the comfort of my eyes while reading on the screen. I'm no longer straining my eyes and they never feel heavy after staring at the screen for hours. 
  • Customer Service: Perfect. I've had the pleasure of working with Andie from their Customer Experience team. She's answered all of my questions with great detail. I'm sure the rest of the Oyster team is just as great! Thank you to the Oyster team for creating a magnificent reading experience for me. You are all killing it. 

Oyster wins every aspect for me. I hope to see you all on the app. Happy reading!! 





Disclaimer: I am in collaborated with Oyster. In no way does that alter my opinion!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments