My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick || Review ||

by - June 10, 2014

Title: My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Ratings: 5 stars!!

Synopsis: Good Reads 

Review: 

I am not one for sappy and really happy perfect world type of stories. But this one in particular is perfectly balanced. Ever since Anna & The French Kiss I can’t stop reading Contemporary books. I’ve become obsessed, a contemporary book monster. 

From the moment I read the first chapter, I was swept into this wonderful world. Where it’s always sunny and the air smells of salt. Everything seeming perfect.. but of course that’s never the case. Samantha life is content, good grades, summer jobs, strict but good mom, it’s ALMOST perfect. But she has a secret.. She’s been watching the Garrets. The family that is taboo to her posh mother. 

This story is so beautiful written. Every sentence and word just flowing easily as I turn each page.. Stony Bay is so beautiful described I feel like I can taste the salt in the air, and feel the humid heat on my skin. I’m in love with the plot, and the forbidden secret love. Sort of reminding me of Romeo And Juliet of course, but it’s nothing like that.. It’s better. The love between Jase and Samantha is very genuine and innocent (sometimes). They truly both deserve to be happy and together. Samantha comes from a rich family, but I’m so happy she isn’t one of those spoiled girls who don’t work for anything and want every thing handed to her. She isn’t stuck up, snobby, or even remotely close to those. She’s caring, selfless, and forgiving. I personally love her as a character. She’s simple, but not overly simple where she doesn’t stand out. She’s gorgeous with blond hair, blue eyes, and slim swimmers body. She’s beautiful, but isn’t completely aware of it. Jase is also such a wonderful character, from looks to personality. Big green eyes with silk curly brunette hair and the body of football player, he’s just smokin’ hot. Always smiling and beaming positivity. And his love for his BIG family is seriously just endearing. He’s different, not an 18 year old boy, but a man! I love his parents and family. Samantha’s mom, and boyfriend both piss me the heck off and I wish they just jump off a cliff. (I don’t even want to talk about them anymore..) This is one of the most perfect Summer books to read. It’s light and fast read. It’s filled with drama, excitement, love, and giddiness. I can’t describe the amount of time I was kicking my feet in the air, or just smiling from ear to ear. I’m so satisfied with how everything wrapped up. Yes i’d love to see more of the characters, but I’m happy with their ending and I highly recommend this to everyone I know! I can’t wait to read more of the Authors books! I will definitely pick up her next book soon! :) 

You May Also Like

0 comments