The Fill-In Boyfriend - Kasie West || Book Review

by - May 14, 2015

Title: The Fill-In Boyfriend
Author: Kasie West
Genre: Young Adult, FREAKING CUTE AND SWOONY
Rating: 5 | 5 !!

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

I  could not wait to write a review. There's just something about Kasie West's books that always have me from the first page. She writes such a captivating book, and keeps you hooked until the very last word. Kasie West is a phenomenal Author. She has such a smooth and vivid writing style. She turns her readers into the main character. You feel their pain, selfishness, and happiness. Her words are powerful. 

The main characters are extremely relatable especially in the society we live in now. This wasn't the fairy tale love story where they meet an start to fall in love. It was a slow progression of love. 
  • Gia, our main character is shallow, and self centered in the beginning, but never to the point where she is unbearable. She's real and a fantastic main character, she definitely developed a lot in the ended and became a better person. She lied, and did some wrong things to get where she was at the end but she made it right in the end. I loved the character growth in her, and how it's so subtle, but packs such a punch to when you think about her in the beginning and end.
  • Fill-In-Bradley will make you swoon! He's incredibly sweet, and caring. Such an over all perfect guy. He's the gentlemen you'd want your daughter to fall in love with. He has that boyish crazy hair, with the cute dazzling smile. I promise you'll be wooing before you hit page 30! 
"My preference is simple - you."

I've read a lot of books with the "fake boyfriend" topic but never was it done like this. This book has the perfect plot, dilemmas, and characters. Kasie West books are a breath of fresh air to me. I never enjoyed contemporaries too much. They were to happy-sappy for me. Until I read her books, something about them are different from the others. The story lines are always different, the plot, and characters are always unique and are easily differentiated. I highly recommend this and mystery boy!! ;) I hope you enjoy and love it as much as I did! 

Happy reading xx

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Every time I come to your page, I end up adding more books to my TBR list -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to hear! This was one of my most anticipated contemps and I can't wait until I finally get it! (:

    ReplyDelete