The Merciless - Danielle Vega || Book Review ||

by - October 27, 2014

Title: The Merciless
Author: Danielle Vega
Genre: Young Adult | Mature Audience | Morbid
Rating: 3.5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

I am very impressed with Danielle Vega. I really enjoyed this, she kept me interested throughout the entire book. The beginning definitely reels you in, it’s one of those books where you don’t wanna stop reading until you finish. Because you need to know what happens next. All the characters, side and main are so intriguing. I love how to detailed it is. I didn't have trouble imagining the things being said and done, at some parts you sort of wish you couldn’t imagine it, that the Author wasn’t so detailed.. 
  • Sofia: I really don’t like the main character at all. I found her to be spineless, weak, easily manipulated, judgey, and a follower. Just someone I would not like at all. She was so desperate to make new friends and “forget her past” she couldn’t see what was right in her face. She’s easily pressured into doing things she does not want to do, and soon regrets it after. She’s the girl who doesn’t know how to say no. What I don’t understand is if I’m reading from the main characters point of view and I can see the signs of crazy from the people around her, how come she can’t? I just don't get it… UGH I feel as if it's missing something, and I didn't like or connect with the main character.
The book is gruesome, twisted, and fucked up. I don’t think I can count on all my fingers and toes the amount of times I said “what the fuck” because you will say it. Probably not those exactly words but something close to it. The book reminded me so much of a twisted Mean Girls. I don’t know if I recommend this book, because you should read the synopsis and definitely make your own claim. 
The book is like a  horror film. Is very entertaining, but like a scary movie there isn’t a purpose, moral, or lesson to the story. It was simply to entertain and scare. I didn’t find the book scary at all, just morbid. I won't ever be rereading this book again so personally it wasn't worth the $18 I spent. If you decide to read this: great, I hope you enjoy it! :) 

You May Also Like

0 comments