Opposition (Lux #5) - Jennifer Armentrout || Book Review ||

by - October 03, 2014

Title: Opposition (Lux #5)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

It feels like yesterday I was reading Obsidian for the first time, and falling in love with all the characters. Not one book in this series disappointed me, and I am grateful to Jennifer Armentrout for making these characters. Like the Harry Potter series, those books mean a lot to everyone. And I’ve never read that series (I know, you wanna linch me now) but these books are that important to me. It’s always bitter sweet when something ends and even though I am sad to see all the characters go, they deserve a break from all the chaos. 
It took me a bit longer than expected to finish this book. I was originally going to finish it in about a day, and I could of. If I didn’t hide it from myself and purposely leave the house so I wouldn’t read it. I just couldn’t bring myself to finish.. Like the rest of the Lux series, this is filled with passion, and action. What I love in this series is that the books always start off right from where the last one ended. The ending to Origin wasn’t necessarily a cliff hanger, but a jaw dropper. A what the french bull dog just happened! And honestly the rest of Opposition continued like that as well. So many times I found myself surprised and going “Uh, wait what?” or “Well that escalated quickly” which is always because Daemon. I don't know where, and I know you will agree with me on this but this book definitely took a turn into the steamy side of YA, because man did it start to feel a little New Adultish for me! I love new adult, so no complaints from me. 

The characters didn’t stay the same, they all grew so much and changed dramatically. Their lives took such a different turn then expected but they were all so strong. I love the passion and chemistry between Daemon and Katy. They’re so in love and it’s so beautiful to see them both mature.. Well sort-of ;) I love Dawson, Dee, and all the new characters that were added to their little bandit of badassery. I loved that the series left me with no un answered questions. Each characters fate, was told. We were given clarity for all of them, and got to see them. Over all, I’m in love with this series. I’m juggling emotions of happiness and sadness because I don’t want it to end, but I don’t want them to go through anymore than they already have gone through. This is my all time favorite series, and has such a special place in my heart. I hope you all check out the book, and enjoy! After five books of our beloved characters being in Danger, they finally get the ending they all deserve. Every single one of them.. 

You May Also Like

0 comments