Stay With Me - J. Lynn || Book Review ||

by - October 20, 2014


Title: Stay With Me 
Author: Jennifer Armentrout writing as J.Lynn 
Genre: New Adult | Semi-Adult 
Rating: 5 | 5 shots ;)

Synopsis: Goodreads 

Review
I’ve always been speechless when it came to Jennifer’s books. Actually wait no, that’s a lie. A ginormous lie because if you’ve been on my blog long you know I love her books and I pretty much can’t stop talking about them, praising her, and calling her Queen. Because let’s be honest, she is. She is the Queen writer of all hot men, angst, and steamy steamy things. 
Captivated, bewitched, enthralled. I was grabbed by the collar and dragged in a delusion where this world became really all over again. Talk about being captivated, huh? Like all her books there was humor, wit, and charm. So much damn charm it can knock the panties off a nun. These characters were real and damn it seemed that way to me. It seemed so real. Her writing is exquisite and just gets better every time I read a new book of hers. I absolutely adore the characters: 
  • Calla: She’s like a cookie. She’s really soft and sweet both inside and out, but she has this layer of badassery on the outside where you sort of don’t wanna get on her bad side. I adore her character because of her strength through out the whole book. She was definitely put through the ringer and stayed a champ throughout the whole thing. Like a normal person, she complained but sucked it up and made the best of the situation at hand. And let me tell you there were ALOT of situations going on in this girls life. At one point I just raised by arms and was like “Ok, someone give her a break. Send her to paradise because she needs it.” I like that she’s a really relatable character, she’s flawed, beautiful, smart, and driven! She has such a beautiful character development through out. She grew to be a beautiful flower. She started off as this small little bud hidden in the shadows. Then she met Jax - bright, beautiful, protective and he built her up. Slowly she started to grow, then fully blossom. 
  • Jax: Jackson James, now if that name just doesn’t do it for you than I don’t know if anything ever will because that is freaking hot. He is freaking hot actually, beautiful BROWN eyes (Yes people, Jennifer Armentrout made poop colored eyes seem hot) dark luscious hair, and broad shoulders that are connected to the body of an Ex-Marine. I loved Jax, he is charming right off the bat and I just enjoyed the way he works. He’s so good to Calla, and their interactions are simply adorable. He’s very protective of her and not in a man cave kind of way, just safety. And the things you learn in the end are simply beautiful. 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK. I really really enjoyed it! The book seems a lot darker compared to the rest of the books in this series. The other were like unicorns compared to this, and I enjoy that about this book. It gave it realism. It has everything you expect from a Jennifer Armentrout book. It has the: wit, humor, steamy steamy, hot guys, cute couple, and happy ending. It’s beautifully written, and keeps you sleepless. I definitely recommend reading the Wait for you series from the beginning including the Trust in me novella. Hope you’ve all enjoyed this and happy reading! <3

You May Also Like

0 comments