The Beautiful Ashes - Jeanine Frost || Book Review ||

by - November 20, 2014

Title: The Beautiful Ashes
Author: Jeanine Frost
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal
Rating: 3 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

I’ve never read anything by Jeaniene Frost. I’ve heard so many people love her other series and swear it's one of the best they’ve ever read but were disappointed by this book. Those comments did not alter my decision for picking this book up. I didn’t set any standards after hearing that. I’ve read reviews on the book saying how great it was and other saying it was terrible basically people either loved it or hated it. 

The book has this odd writing that I certainly wasn’t a fan of. It didn’t bother me to the point where I couldn’t continue reading but it definitely bugged me. Her writing is descriptive, but it just didn’t flow. I couldn’t get a grasp of the mc (main character) or connect. Her thoughts were irrelevant to her sister, the girl was like a walking horn dog.. The whole point of the story and everything she does is to save her sister, but I’m pretty positive Ivy forgot that along the way. 

Let’s be honest, the girl really only wanted Adrian hmcg (hot main character guy) I’m not going to lie he sounded hot, but also really generic. “Strong brows, a straight nose, high cheekbones and a sensual mouth made up a face that was striking enough to adorn billboards.” “Body of thore, light brown hair with blonde streaks and silvery blue eyes.” Like cool, nice to know he’s hot but can we get some personality please. I didn’t see much of his personality.. Most of the time he was fighting his “urges” for her, or scowling and those rare moments where he showed he cared about her. There just wasn’t enough actual nice interaction for them to be in love with each other. BUT I’m not a love expert so what do I know. 

There definitely wasn’t a dull chapter, every chapter kept me wanting to read more. There was all this new interesting information being thrown at you but then about seventy five percent after you're into the book it just goes down hill.. The huge “scene” that was suppose to be suspenseful but wasn’t. The part where “they part” wasn’t sad. It just started to feel dull after a certain point. There was all this great build up but nothing when the time came. It felt like a balloon being blown up and then deflating instead of popping with awesomeness. I found myself reading in hopes I’d finish soon. My over all thoughts? The book could have been so much better! The idea of the book and topic is great. I think the beginning of it was constructed so well. I'm not pleased with the writing, but I got over it. I wish the last couple chapters were better, and I want more love between the characters. I wasn’t sold on them being in love. I didn’t get that vibe, I got horny young adults vibe.. I will continue on with the series with hope that it gets better and that we see more personality from the characters. Good luck, and happy reading! 

You May Also Like

0 comments