Pushing The Limite - Katie McGarry || Book Review ||

by - November 12, 2014

Title: Pushing The Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Rating: 4.5 | 5

Synopsis: Goodreads

Review:

Personally I detest it when two equally broken people get together in books. I don’t see any good ever coming out of it.. Well sometimes, yes. But usually their story continues to become multiple books and by the end of the second one I just wanna yell: “Stop!! For the sake of the characters! Stop, putting them in damn pain! They have suffered enough!” I thought this was going to be like that.. 
I wasn’t completely in love with the book when I first started. It just didn’t grab me at all. It definitely took me a few chapters to finally get into the book.. But once I did, damn it got good! Katie McGarry is definitely a phenomenal writer. I think dual chapters are difficult to do, it has a fifty, fifty percent survival rate in a book. It can either make or break your book, in this case it made it!! Through out the whole thing the book played in my head flawlessly. One minute I was staring at Echo and feeling the profound love Noah felt for her, then the next moment I was Echo seeing her family, feeling the hatred, and insecurity running through her veins. 
  • Echo: Is one of the best transitioned characters I’ve ever read about. It was definitely a pleasure to get into her head a feel it all through her. In the beginning you could feel exactly how lost and insecure she was. There were small burst of confidence that showed when she was around Noah, and slowly the more time she spent with him she grew. You could feel her spirits rise and she was getting better. 
  • Noah: Wow, once good boy, turn bad, then good again? That is a mouth full and definitely complicated. I completely adore noah not just for his complete and utter adoration for Echo but his loyalty to his brothers. He was able to grow up and finally see what was best, and he gave everyone a happy ending. He was everyones glue. It pretty much all boiled down to him and the choices he made. Noah was so angry and frustrated in the beginning and then he slowly became calmer, and his loving side showed. But like Echo her strength didn’t show without him, and vise versa. And he's definitely swoony, hot and says all the right things.

I am so in love with this book. I completely adore it and just want to hug it and sleep next to ti!! I love how in most contemporaries I’ve read they’re usually “fluffly” with a bit of side problem nothing major or hear wrenching like this!  I like that this was scary - emotionally, and that Echo pointed out that Noah was hot, but not SO MUCH like in other books! Some advice? Prepare yourself for ugly crying, lots of it happy and sad. Katie McGarry definitely wrote a beautiful book, with beautiful characters that I highly recommend you read! <33 

You May Also Like

0 comments